2019 SGO Annual Meeting Golf Tournament
Thursday, March 14
Kapolei Golf Club
91-701 Farrington Highway
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
Bussing will be provided to/from the Hilton Hawaiian Village
Amateur golfers will revel in following the footsteps of great champions such as Greg Norman and Annika Sorenstam at Kapolei Golf Club, which hosted the LPGA Tour’s Ladies “Hawaiian Open” from 1996 to 2001 and PGA Champions Tour “Pacific Links Championship” from 2012 to 2014.
Designed by architect Ted Robinson, best known for Sahalee Country Club, Kapolei Golf Club is highly regarded for its magnificent beauty, floral gardens and strategic golf holes. Meandering over 190 rolling acres of a former sugar cane plantation, Kapolei’s elevated greens, 80 bunkers and five lakes provide delightful tactical challenges.
Kapolei Golf Club is highly regarded, rating 4 1/2 stars out of five on Golf Digest’s Places to Play listing and earning the Honolulu Star Advertiser’s People’s Choice Award as “Best Course on Oahu” in 2010 and 2014.
Participation and Cost
Space is limited to 100 people; registration is accessible via the Annual Meeting Registration Website. The cost* is $225 per person, which includes the following:
• Greens fee and cart on a shared basis (carts have GPS system complimentary use of the practice facility)
• Personalized cart signs and scorecards
• Professional bag drop services and special contest setup (closest to the pins, longest drive, hole-in-ones)
• Professional scoring placement of banners and sponsor signage, if applicable
• Cocktails and appetizers
*Club rentals will be available for $65 and rental shoes will be available for $15.
Rules of Play
Four person teams*
1. Each player tees off.
2. Then choose the best tee shot.
3. Each player is allowed one club length from the chosen shot–no closer to the hole.
4. Continue this process until on the green.
5. Once on the green, each player has one putt to try to make it–automatic two putts.
6. This is a fun and no pressure format for everyone. The main point is to have fun and be safe on the course.
*This format for the golf tournament is referred to as “Scramble”. The automatic maximum two putts once on the green is a good method for speeding up play while making it more fun and less stressful.